- 2 cans chicken (I know this sounds gross, but it really works. We get the chicken for this recipe from Trader Joe’s, & it’s great.)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa (I use fresh salsa from the deli area in the grocery store)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
I have a huge container of this in my fridge right now, and it is SO good… I’m addicted to it! What is your favorite TMJ friendly food lately?
I am excited to try this!Me and my mom really would like it! But is there any tortillas or anything actually in it?
You can add the strips of tortilla chips when you are ready to serve the soup