Peach French Toast
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 tablespoons water
6 peaches peeled and sliced
12 (3/4 inch thick) slices day-old French bread
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 pinch ground cinnamon, or to taste
- In a saucepan, stir together the brown sugar, butter and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour the brown sugar mixture into a 9×13 inch baking dish, and tilt the dish to cover the entire bottom. Place peaches in a layer over the sugar coating, then top with slices of French bread. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Slowly pour over the bread slices to coat evenly. Sprinkle cinnamon over the top. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the dish from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before baking to come to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the bread is golden brown.
Peaches and Cream Smoothie
- 3 peaches peeled and sliced
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups vanilla soy milk
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- In a blender, combine peaches, ice cream, soy milk and orange juice. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
It is Georgia peach time, and we will be canning them this weekend. Do you have any peach recipes to share?