- 2 cans chicken (I know this sounds gross, but it really works. We get the chicken for this recipe from Trader Joe’s, & it’s great.)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 can (32 ounces) V8 juice
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa (I use fresh salsa from the deli area in the grocery store)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen corn, thawed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute chicken in oil until no longer pink. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is well coated.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the V8 juice, salsa, beans and corn. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through. Serve with cheese, sour cream and cilantro.
I have a huge container of this in my fridge right now, and it is SO good… I’m addicted to it! What is your favorite TMJ friendly food lately?