One of the biggest problems for people with jaw pain is obviously eating. We understand, and will be featuring TMJ disorder friendly recipes here on the blog. We would also love any suggestions or submissions of foods and recipes that you enjoy!
Adult Mac and Cheese
no blue box here!
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni (tip: depending on how large you can open your mouth, you can use different size pasta…something as small as orzo would work if you have very limited opening)
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 1/4 TSP black pepper
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1-2 TBSP Mixed Herbs (whatever you like: thyme, sage, chives, etc)
- 1 Package (5.2 Ounces) Boursin cheese with garlic and herbs
- 8 Ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 Cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 TBSP melted butter
Grease a 2-2 1/2 quart baking dish, and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cook macaroni in boiling salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium low heat. Add the flour and stir until well blended and bubbly. Add salt, pepper, and milk. Cook stirring until thickened. Add herbs, Boursin cheese, cheddar and parmesan cheeses. Continue stirring until cheeses have melted. Stir in drained macaroni. Spoon into prepared baking dish.
In a cup, toss breadcrumbs with melted butter and sprinkle over the casserole.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbly and topping is lightly browned.
Let us know if you try it and what you think!
Definitely will try this one! 🙂