Choosing Protein Powder After Jaw Surgery (& How to Avoid the Gross Aftertaste)
There are a few things that you should be looking at when trying to find a protein supplement that is right for you. Whether you are looking for a protein powder that will serve as a protein booster because you are having trouble getting the recommended amount of protein or as a meal replacement after jaw surgery, you will need to know what the different types are, the ingredients, nutritional value, and the advantages and disadvantages of each.
The choice of which protein supplement you choose will depend on several factors:
- How long has the product been on the market?
- How long is the list of ingredients?
- Is there any feedback available?
- Is it a supplement or a meal replacement?
- Will it be used as a weight loss or weight gain tool?
- Are you lactose or soy intolerant?
- Do you have allergies?
- Where will you consume it? If at home you have the luxury of using a blender,
and adding other products such as fruit and yogurt. If you are at the office you
will be far more limited in preparation and may opt for pre-made shakes.
Taste is one of the most important factors……it doesn’t matter how good the the protein powder is if you can’t manage to swallow it!
Most protein powders come in small packets….try it before you purchase a large container.
Research your options since there are hundreds of products on the market. You will want to find one that has a high quality protein, is free of additional supplements, and low in fat and sugar.Read More »Choosing Protein Powder After Jaw Surgery (& How to Avoid the Gross Aftertaste)