Salmon Louis Salad
- 1/2 cup low fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. grated onion
- 3 Tbsp. ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 3 Tbs. chopped sweet pickles, drained
- 14 oz. can red sockeye salmon, drained, skin and bones removed if desired -or- 14oz of baked fresh sockeye or king salmon
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cut in half
- 10-oz. pkg. mixed salad greens
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 3 hard cooked eggs, sliced
In medium bowl combine mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, ketchup, milk and sweet pickle and blend with whisk. Set aside. Add salmon, celery, and mushrooms and stir to coat. Place salad greens on platter and top with salmon mixture. Arrange tomatoes and hard cooked eggs around the salad and serve immediately.
Great way to get protein for those of us who are on a soft diet! What is your favorite protein dish that’s good for hot spring & summer days?