- 1 beaten egg
- 3/4 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs (1 slice)
- 4 teaspoons snipped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 6-1/2-ounce can skinless, boneless salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/2 medium carrot, finely shredded (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Gruyere or Swiss cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon dairy sour cream
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh basil
- In a large mixing bowl combine egg, bread crumbs, 4 teaspoons basil, and pepper. Add salmon, carrot, and cheese. Mix lightly. Shape salmon mixture into three 3/4-inch-thick round patties.
- Place salmon patties on a lightly greased baking sheet. Broil patties about 3 inches from the heat about 8 minutes or until heated through and light brown, carefully turning patties once after 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for the basil mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise or salad dressing, sour cream, 2 teaspoons basil, and lemon peel.
- Top burger with basil mayonnaise
These are perfect because they can be eaten with a fork and are very soft. Plus salmon is great for you… it’s a fantastic source of protein.