In the last post, I shared with you my journey up until about a year ago. If you haven’t read it, click here to catch up.
Once I realized that I was the only one that was going to make any changes in my own life, I got to work.
I took a long, hard look at my life and started making some lists.
I asked myself two questions:
1. What was going well? (My puppy, my business, my family, my jaw felt pretty good in comparison to how I felt 4 years ago)
2. What wasn’t going so well? (Exercise, diet, weight, sleep, how I felt in the morning when I woke up)
It was clear to me that there were several things in my life that weren’t optimized. Hell, they weren’t dealt with at all! Most of the time I ate what I wanted to, when I wanted to…as you probably know, living with jaw pain is not easy when it comes to food. Couple that with the fact that so many soft foods are carbs, and you have a recipe for a metabolic disaster.
I figured I needed to make some changes.
The first? No more packaged foods.
Second? I threw away all the foods containing gluten in my house, and made a vow to eat as many whole foods as possible.
Of course, I couldn’t do all of that without having a pint of HagenDazs as a last hurrah! 😉
The second night, I slept through the entire night without waking up for the first time in over a year.
The third morning, I woke up and realized that for the first time in….possibly years, I was not nauseated.
It didn’t take me 2 hours to wake up. I had energy.
What?! Was I now one of those people?
I wanted to shout it from the rooftops (umm, maybe I did…sorry friends and family!!).
It has now been over 7 months since I made many changes in my life.
Here are just some of the results:
1. I’ve lost 55+ pounds. Without starving myself. In fact, I eat a lot of bacon 😉
2. I regularly sleep through the night without waking up in pain.
3. I’m no longer nauseated in the morning, afternoon, night…okay, I’m no longer nauseated ALL the time.
4. I have so much energy that I literally jump out of bed in the morning (at 6:30am – and I was NEVER a morning person!!!)
5. My personal life and business have improved. I’m so much more productive.
6. I have renewed hope. I am again an optimist in every part of my life; including my chronic illness. I am convinced that I am more than able to kick some serious ass when it comes to life! All I see is endless opportunity in front of me.
7. My pain is 85% less than it was 3 years ago.
You all know me, and you know that I would never, ever tell you this if it wasn’t true. I’m so ecstatic with the way I feel that I want every single one of you to get on the road to feeling better, too.
You can feel better….. all it takes is baby steps, a plan, and support.